"The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully."

-Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

Friday, November 6, 2009

Clark is 4 months old!

Sigh.....I'm having a hard time writing this post. I'm not my usual cheery self. I'm so sentimental! Clark is the sweetest angel baby in the world. It breaks my heart that he's growing up so fast! aaaaaaaahhhhhhh it kills me. Anyway, here are some shots from the past month. :)
baby duckie
big boy
Clark and AnnMarie with Julia and Charley (Lauren and I have two arranged marriages.) ;)Gigi made this beautiful quilt for Clark using the fabric scraps from his bedding.
so cute and such a treasure!
Awww... (sorry---a little crooked)
I love my quilt and you, Gigi! Thank you!!!!
Little bear, Clark, with Uncle Josh
First time in the excersaucer---he loves it!
Snuggling with sissy in her bed
happy boy
Big sister loves him so much.
Today we went to the dr. for his 4 month checkup. Stats time:
weight: 19 lbs, 11 oz. (sooooooooo, after I fed him he was up to 20) :)
height: 26 inches
head size: 43 centimeters
Clark:
-still LOVES bath time
-giggles and coos (in his soft little voice) it's so sweet!
-is a big time drooler
-loves sucking on his fingers (and thumb)
-is a big cuddler
-is sleeping from 8pm-ish to 7am-ish more and more often (hallelujah and praise the Lord!)
-is the best baby in the WORLD
Wow. I can't believe how fast the time with Clark is going. Lord, please help me to savor every moment!

7 comments:

The Junods said...

Clark is just yummy! Sweetness! Makes me so excited to have a little baby in our house! Love all these pics. Awesome and precious quilt, Gigi! I think C-man looks so much like AM when she was little. Those two are adorable!

MLP said...

You are the sweetest little mommy! I can just feel the love you have for that baby boy. It's so sweet and there's nothing like a love between a mommy and her boy.

I love the pictures...especially of Big Sister and Brother in her bed. Soooooooooooooo sweet!!!

You guys are precious!

rackersfamily said...

That quilt is amazing!! Gigi did such a good job. Little brother is growing up so fast. FYI - Riley was only 18 pounds at her year appt! Ha! You must be feeding him pure LARD!

Sally said...

awww!!! i know, it's so bittersweet isn't it??? they are growing SO DANG FAST!! what a sweetie he is katy, and ya'll are so blessed with such a sweetheart baby!!! :)
That quilt is so special! Go gigi!

Kimberly said...

I'm sad that little man is now 4 months old, becuase that means mine won't be too far behind.

Clark is too sweet! He needs to teach little Griffin how to sleep from 7pm until 8am! Griffin is doing good, but not that good!Maybe in the next month!

Sweet little boy.

Meg said...

ditto. ditto. ditto. i said it in my post but i'm even sad it's fall b/c we're moving farther and father away from the season they were born in. i know there's nothing we can do about it but UGH!! maybe have more babies ;)?? clark is a doll baby. love to you all!!

Shannon said...

PURE PRECIOUSNESS! Just went to P's 9 month check-up and she was tipping the scales at 20lbs even. I LOVE it that Clark weighs the same at 4 months. That is one healthy boy and doesn't it make you proud that you are the one feeding him! Way to go Momma!