"The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully."

-Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I absolutely LoVe being a mom.  I've known since I was a little girl that this was the ONLY thing I ever really wanted to do, and it has lived up to every expectation I had! :)  What a blessing it is to be a mother...
I was invited to a Mother's Day Brunch at AM's school.  I love that she likes to be silly with me.  :)
She is quickly moving into the "my friends are the coolest" stage, and that's fine with me.  I specifically remember those days, and I can only pray that she has as wonderful friends as I did growing up! 

A handmade gift for mommy.  The fingerprint caterpillar is so cute!

Had to document this:  Kylie, Lauren, and I with our babies sitting in the what used to be--"Wednesday Night Live" youth room.  Who would've thought that 15 years later we'd be sitting in the same place at a Mother's Day brunch??? 
They sang the sweetest songs in the sweetest little voices. 

And then presented us with some pretty cute gifts---the kind you keep forever---with handprints, drawings of Mommy :), and answers about Mommy's favorite things.  Just so you know, my favorite place to shop is Old Navy, and my favorite things to eat are sandwiches, cheese, and mayonnaise.  :) 

On Sunday we tried for a picture of Mama and her babies.

Try #2--AM keeping things lively, and Bubba not feeling it. 
I love these two!  Thanks for giving me the privelege of experiencing what I think is---the BEST job on Earth.  I'm so glad I get to be a Mommy every day!! 


5 comments:

Meg said...

okay i remember this brunch so specifically as making me cry cry cry!! i know last week was a BIG mommy week w/ that, round-up AND mothers day!! i promise you will LOVE next year AND that it's okay to be sad too :). love you sis!! you are a GREAT mommy!!

Shannon said...

1) You three girls with your babies in the old WNL room....made me get a little lump in my throat!

2) Those beautiful flowers pinned to your dresses were priceless!

3) I CANNOT BELIEVE that little pigtailed, pop-bellied baby is going to be in kindergarten. SLOW.DOWN.TIME!

shannonmichaelis said...

Wednesday Night Live....blast from the past! And the kinder round-up....not ready for it!!!!

emily martin said...

so sweet! that gives me a good idea for my preschool class next year! :)

Kylie said...

I'm so glad Hudson and AM were in class together this year. And I'm so grateful for friends like you who love and cherish motherhood like I do! :)

p.s. I'm gonna snag a couple of these brunch pics if you don't mind :)