"The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully."

-Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

Monday, June 28, 2010

Gulf Shores

My excitement for our beach trip this summer was a little dampened by the recent news of the oil spill. But---the good news is that it really hadn't affected our beach all THAT much so we still had a wonderful time! It was absolutely beautiful as always.
We couldn't wait to get our toes in the sand, so first thing Monday morning, that's what we did! And the water was beautiful!
One con about the beach when you're traveling with babies---it sits RIGHT on the Central/Eastern time zone line---so, you guessed it, the sun comes up REALLY early. What time did the peanuts wake up every day? 5:50 a.m. ah! But, at least it was BRIGHT at that time. Playing with Papa at approx. 6:00 a.m. :)
We spent one day visiting with my great, great aunt Laura who now lives in Fairhope (about an hour drive away). She is 94 (I think?) and as hilarious as ever! Still got it! Here are she and Mimi (my grandmother, her niece) laughing just like in the old days. It was so sweet!
AM with my beautiful Jurgensen cousins
Enjoying an early morning with our little family on the beach
We spent alot of time in the pool after a mid-week storm blew in more tarballs. Clarky had fun!
Beach time!
Happy guys
One night we ate dinner at Mellow Mushroom, which is relatively new to Gulf Shores, but was at Auburn when I was there. It brought back memories because it was one of our favorite hang outs!
The cousins had matching jammies!
One of my favorite times of day at the beach...sunset. We took pics of the babes.
Sweet sibs
Clarky boy
Sister golden hair
Can't wait till Bubba can walk! :)
Little stinkers!
AnnMarie had so much fun with cousin Cassie "lola" as we call her.
Ah...the life!
Uncle Josh played with the two munchkins at snack time by the pool
Our family. So blessed!
Julia and I practicing our hip poses
Brooksy looking out over the pool at dinner one night
We were there seven days, and it went by so fast! I'm so glad we still went in spite of the oil spill. Which, I must add, is aWfUl. :( I can't even watch that video of it just spewing into the beautiful ocean. Thankful for beaches that are still clean somehow and still open for us to enjoy. Can't wait for next year!!!

12 comments:

emily martin said...

I wish there was a way to go in and comment on each picture. *sigh*
Looks like so much fun!!! I am so jealous! Do you stay at the same house every time? That is going to be my vacation next year. I want to go somewhere where we can have our own little cottage.
I love the picture of Mimi with her aunt. How sweet! And little Clark & his cousin in their blue striped outfits is just adorable.

This comment is for Sean:
OMGoodness Katy! These pix are soooooooooooooo adorable! Your kids are like the most precious things in the whole world! I love, love, LOVE it!!!! :)

Caryn said...

Great pictures Katy looks like another fabulous beach trip for your family. I LOVE those sunset pictures - the boys overalls are DARLING and that picture of Brooks and Clark in the matching preciousness gives me a vision of my future :)

Shannon said...

Katy - those are some GREAT pictures of your precious babies! I love the lemon dress with Clark's monogrammed outfit. Too sweet!

I also am cracking up at Emily's comments for Sean. Oh that is so true of how we roll with the comments. The cheesier the better! Sorry Sean! :-)

The Junods said...

What a fun trip and such a great tradition! Love the hip picture with you and Julia. Obviously I could just eat up the cuteness of your babies. Adorable outfits. See you soon sister!! Can't wait!!

Sally said...

awww!!! that truly looked wonderful!!! HOW FUN!!!
you look as beautiful as ever katy girl with your bronze glow tan, and the kids are precious - ahhhh! AM is getting so big!!! And Clarkey's hair is so dang cute.
gosh, i miss you!!! so thankful the beach was beautiful and oil free! it looked lovely!!! yay!!!

MLP said...

Hey Miss Gorgeous! What a great trip. I love the pics of your sweet, precious family!!!

rackersfamily said...

You're pictures are beautiful! Those two little cubby buddies in matching stripes... love it! I just want to tell you everything instead of writing it all... too many things to comment on!
But I will say this... you look HOT!! you and your sexy two piece and with your hands on your hip! ;) miss you!

Nicki W. said...

HIP POSES ROCK!!! ;) such great pics of the fam!

Tressa said...

Great blog! ;)

Kimberly said...

do you ever take friends to the beach?!?! i mean, ann marie would have creighton, clarky would have griffy, sean and benjie would be great, and we'd have each other. just think about it!!!

great pictures. sweet family. so blessed.

shannonmichaelis said...

Love the hand on the hip, matching overalls, curly hairdos, white beaches!, family group shots, adorable sunset photos, and many memories! Makes me miss a good Gulf Coast vacay!

April said...

Katy~your family is SOOOO super cute. I drove by Burgundy Lane the other day and thought of you...can't believe you live there. I sometimes envy your life connected to so many special Wtown folks and your sweet parents...love yall.