"The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully."

-Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sean!

Tomorrow (Monday, the 11th) is Sean's 31st bday! We celebrated last night with dinner at Rudy's (yes, that was his choice! I think what's more the gift to him is not having to wait for a table, no crowds, etc.) and then coming back to our house with the fam for ice cream cake. (Jamocha Almond Fudge---his fave!) When I called to order it, they asked me what colors I wanted----"huh? he's 31!---ok, ok, just do Texas Tech colors". oops-----later I realized that meant red and BLACK icing. I did not get a picture, but we all had black teeth and tongues to prove it. :)

Of course Daddy had a little help blowing out the candles---3 for 30 and 1 for the added year!

What a wonderful dad he is, and what a wonderful husband he is to me. I am so thankful to celebrate his life and what he means to us and everyone he knows--a kind hearted, do anything for you, one of a kind guy. Not much for frills (WHAT???? NO FRILLS??????, says the eccentric wife), not much for being the life of the party, center of attention (again, WHAT?????), but now you see why I need him SO much. My one who is able to remain calm in all situations, my even-keeled rock, my man with a heart of GOLD, my best friend. I LOVE YOU, SEAN!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

rackersfamily said...

Happy Birthday Sean!

Sally said...

so fun!!! Happy Belated Bday Sean!!!